I’ve had several people ask me how am I balancing starting a new biz, my Army career and being in school for my Master’s amid this Corona Virus Pandemic. I have a few tips and tricks that I have been doing to help me stay focused and productive during the day.
3. On a normal day here’s what my schedule looks like
– I am working on post at my unit from 8-4; workout from 430-6pm and 8-midnight (or longer) work on stuff for Designs by Jasmine Perry. Usually I wake up about 630 and get my morning started. But, because I have really been trying to invest time and attention to my biz, I have now started waking up at 6 to give myself extra time in the morning to check any emails or schedule client discovery calls if needed before I get ready for work. Sometimes, If I don’t have that many emails, I then read a book for about 30 minutes to get my mind relaxed and ready for the day.
Usually between 6-7 I am eating dinner and doing any homework or studying that needs to be done for school. It sounds like a lot, but sometimes to get where you want to be, you have to sacrifice. Right now I am super focused on building my business and finishing my degree.So with that being said I am willing to sacrifice an unproductive 30 minutes of my morning where I am scrolling on Facebook and use that to read and further my knowledge.
2. Utilize the calendar on your phone.
– Since this Corona Virus has been here, meetings and check ins have become the new norm. With that I have had a little trouble with keeping up with my meeting times and dates. For work, (Army), I have been able to sync my work calendar with my iPhone calendar. This helps me a lot because I am always on my phone anyway, might as well use it to track my schedule, right?. I also have imported my school assignment calendar into my iPhone calendar to let me know of course when assignments are due and which assignments. It helps me to stay accountable and focused at all times. I have a planner which I also write down dates meetings in, but sometimes I may go days without opening my planner and miss a date, so that’s why my first go to is to utilize the calendar on my phone.
1. Defining Time for Self Care
– Self care is of the utmost importance right now. While a lot of stuff is back open, I don’t know about ya’ll but its still some places I’m not going. There are a tonnn of ways to engage in some self-care. Some of the ways that I have been doing this is to dedicate and stick with a fitness schedule. Everyday I workout at the same time for the same 2 hours, because If I don’t workout during that time, I won’t. Another way is to rest. Really rest. I saw this social media post about always having to do something and I agree with it. Our society has ingrained in us that we have to always be doing something, but truth is we don’t. Take time to just simply lay down and rest. I am the worst at doing this, but lately I’ve been pushing myself to do this more. You can also talk to someone you trust about how you are feeling and dealing with during this time. These are very much uncertain times and it’s hard dealing with everything that is going on. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your family or a trusted friend and let them know how you’re feeling
I could really go on and on about self care and different ways to do it. Honestly, you have to pick what works for you and do it. Don’t be afraid or scared to take time for yourself. it’s important and its needed.
If you like these tips that I gave you, subscribe to my newsletter and become a part of my tribe to always stay in the know with business tips, new service offerings! Also, don’t forget to follow me on the ‘gram to stay up to date with my latest travel adventures and more.