So, as most of you know that follow me on social media (IG @ jasminenosullivan) I have just got back from Hawaii and my eating was all over the place. Now, that I’m back in Alaska, it’s time for me to get my mind right and get my body back in tip, top shape and refocus on what my health and fitness goals really are in order for me to get back to where I want to be. Take a look at my process below on what I’ve been doing the last couple days since getting back from my 2 week work-cation in beautiful Oahu.
- Drink purified, lemon water 4-6 times a day (32 oz. bottle)
- Weekend breakfast (Greek yogurt and a 1/2 cup of fruit)
- Drink 2-3 cups of herbal tea (w/ honey added in it) in between meals
- Exercise 2x a day (morning and evening workouts)
- Lunch- have a light, filling lunch (ex. shrimp and broccoli mix)
- Dinner- meat (protein), baked potato, veggie
- After dinner snack- banana w/ peanut butter and 1cup greek yogurt and lemon water (of course!)
- Repeat, repeat, repeat!!!
Benefits of Detoxing
There are many benefits to detoxing. After being gone for 2 weeks I was able to work out a couple days while in Hawaii but my workouts were not near as intense, as they are when I’m at my home gym here in AK. I don’t think they were as intense because the gym I was working out in was way overpacked and most of the equipment was cardio equipment and didn’t have much room for me to do many of my workouts. (Ex. kettlebell and bosu ball workouts)/
Take a look below at some of the benefits of detoxing regualrly:
- helps to encourage weight loss
- rids body of toxins
- helps to balance pH in the body
- improves digestion across the body
- improves and increases energy levels throughout body
There are many ways that we all can detox. This method is what works for me. I chose to detox because I felt bloated and know that I have not been sticking to my normally, very strict eating schedule. I usually detox for about 3-4 days and then after that I go back to my normal eating schedule with clean eating and regular exercising. (Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, after lunch snack, dinner, and evening snack or tea).
If you don’t like the idea of adding lemon to your water to help detox you, there are a myriad of other options that you can choose to add to your water such as peppermint extract, cucumber, and more!
Feel free to subscribe to the blog before you leave today!